1. They’ll Never Invite You Over For A Flavorless Dinner
Because a beau from Maryland knows Old Bay Seasoning is the key to making everything taste amazing. You’ll also quickly learn Old Bay is so much more than a seasoning. It’s a lifestyle.
2. They’ll Teach You Not To Settle (For Mediocre Crab Meat)
Maryland is the land of blue crab—delicious, succulent, meaty blue crab. Once you’ve tried it, you’ll never be able to choke down crab that hasn’t been fresh caught that day again.
3. You’ll Get Incredible Berger Cookies Instead Of A Box Of Mystery Chocolates
Berger Cookies are unapologetically indulgent shortbread cookies slathered with fudgy chocolate icing, meaning your Valentine’s Day just got a whole lot better.
4. The Accent They Insist They Don’t Have Is Actually Adorable
People from Maryland insist they don’t have an accent, so when dating a Maryland native it’s probably best to avoid mentioning it. There’s a little slur and a little nasal, but you’ll end up loving the charming mix of Southern and East Coast city.
5. Money Can’t Buy You Love, But It Can Buy You An Awesome Anniversary Gift
Maryland is one of the wealthiest states in the country, with 17% of households earning over $150K per year. We’d never advise you date a Marylander just for their wealth, but there’s also nothing wrong with letting your significant other pamper you occasionally.
6. But They’re A Super Cheap Date If You Go Out For Drinks
Though National Bohemian (or Natty Boh as it’s affectionately known) is no longer brewed in Maryland, it remains the unofficial official beer of the state for two reasons: it’s affordable, and it tastes great enough to win over even the snobbiest beer snobs.
7. You Can Go On A Weekend Getaway To The Beach, Mountains, Or City
Maryland is called “America in Miniature” for good reason. Beaches, mountains, and major cities are just an hour or two away, no matter which part of the state you’re from.
8. Theyre Just As Blunt As Northerners
Marylanders are not quite Northerners or Southerners, but they know how to get to the point. If you date someone from Maryland, you’ll always know where you stand.
9. They’re Definitely Not Commitment Phobic
Maryland has one of the lowest divorce rates in the country at 9.4%, making it the perfect place to find your happily ever after.
10. You Know That Smart Is Totally The New Sexy
Maryland is one of the most educated states in the U.S. with 36.1% of Marylanders holding a four-year degree. If your ideal pillow talk goes beyond pet names and into deep conversation, someone from Maryland is your perfect match.
11. They’ll Reteach You All Those Things You Forgot From U.S. History Classes
Remember Francis Scott Key? He was the guy who penned a little song called “The Star-Spangled Banner,” aka the national anthem. One guess where he was from.
12. They May End Up Changing The World
Frederick Douglass, Adrienne Rich, Nancy Pelosi, Upton Sinclair, and Thurgood Marshall all hail from Maryland. Your honey might add their political or social commentary to these ranks, and at the very least, you know dinner conversation won’t be boring.
13. Or Maybe They’ll Become A Famous Musician
Famous musicians Billie Holiday, Joan Jett, Frank Zappa, and Animal Collective all hail from Maryland. Who’s to say your significant other won’t be next?
14. They’re Some Of The Most Open Minded People In The Country
Maryland was rated the best state for women in the U.S. based on economic opportunities and health care. The state also legalized same-sex marriage in 2012, and boasts some of the most diverse cities. A partner from Maryland is sure to keep you moving forward.
15. The Only Person Truly Competing For Your Affection Is Cal Ripken, Jr.
Nicknamed “The Iron Man,” this former Orioles MVP, bestselling author, and CEO of Ripken Baseball will always be the first love of your Maryland partner. But there’s no need for jealousy. They know he’s out of their league. - from: movoto - cassie sheets